Legal fees – being prepared always costs less
We work on a combination of the following fee structures:
A fixed fee basis for more routine matters such as employment contracts, commercial leases, shareholders agreements and trademark registrations;
An hourly rate where it is not always easy to decipher what work will be needed for example on contentious matters;
A blended rate across the law firm that accommodates our most junior and senior rates depending on the legal adviser assisting with a view to using the most cost effective model with a view to keeping costs down for our clients.
We are as conscious as our clients of the importance of making every paid-for minute count. We take pride in our time-efficiency and effectiveness. We also believe in advising you to put in place secure systems and procedures at initial stages of business/company growth so you are contractually as well-protected as possible against the unexpected.
Being prepared always costs less.
At Fortune Law our objective is always to provide the best service to our clients.
Information on our services is provided in our Scope of Fee Services Letter and is also highlighted in our Letters of Engagement.
Our service information includes the following;
- We endeavour to explain what services are included for in the fees quoted;
- We highlight any services not included within the fee quote provided which a client may reasonably expect to be.
- We include information on key stages and typical timescales in our correspondence with our clients;
- We provide information on the qualifications and experience of our team members so that our clients are aware of who is carrying out the work and who the senior solicitor supervising them would be.
At Fortune Law we aim to always be clear on our pricing information.
Our costs information is provided in our Scope of Fee Services Letter and also highlighted in our Letters of Engagement.
Our price information includes the following;
- We endeavour to provide a total cost for any particular matter on which instructed or an average range of costs;
- We will explain the basis of our charges and will include details of our hourly and fixed fee rates;
- We will highlight disbursements and other associated costs;
- We will be clear on whether VAT is included.