Commercial Property Solicitors
It is crucial when entering into new commercial leases and lease assignments that tenants be informed on the contract clauses that are standard and those to be wary of. After all a commercial lease is potentially one of the biggest investments you’ll make. Fortune Law’s commercial property solicitors expertly look at all the relevant clauses in each lease agreement to ensure your full protection.
We advise tenants and landlords in the restaurants, general office, warehousing and in a variety of other business sectors. We also advise on the acquisition of freehold commercial properties including hotels.
How Fortune Law can help with your commercial property needs:
- Advise and negotiate heads of terms for commercial leases.
- Carry out relevant searches at the Land Registry including local land and local authority searches, and drainage and water enquiries.
- Draft or report back on new leases and on superior leases where an underlease is to be entered into.
- Negotiate leases including landlord and tenant obligations, rights of entry and break clauses together with rent deposit deeds, licences to alter and schedules of condition.
- Raise or answer enquiries relating to the premises.
- Register leases at the Land Registry where they are for a term of over seven years.
- Advise on licences to assign and authorised guarantee agreements (“AGAs”).
Examples of successful commercial property transactions include:
- Grant of ten-year lease of Covent Garden premises to MD’s (London) Limited for use as London’s first authentic Austrian sandwich shop.
- Assignment of a lease of a floor of a Covent Garden office block.
- Grant of ten-year lease of Punch-tied public house in Sandwich including licensing and purchasing obligations.
- Grant of nine-year lease of modern office premises in Ealing to Feelingpeaky Limited.
- Grant of 15-year lease of Chelsea premises to L’Art du Fromage, Britain’s first speciality cheese restaurant.
- Grant of five-year lease of a floor of Mayfair office premises to Pensar Systems Limited.
- Grant of five-year and 15-year leases of retail premises in Victoria and Bayswater to for use as souvenir shops.
- Assignment of lease of retail premises in Knightsbridge for the residue of its term for use as a souvenir shop.
- Grant of three-year lease of a floor of Covent Garden office premises.
- Grant of short-term lease of Knightsbridge office premises and subsequent renewal lease.
- 51 Kensington Court – Commercial Property Acquisition – 11 serviced apartment block in Kensington.
Got a question?
We can help with your commercial lease
Fortune Law are experienced commercial property law solicitors, based in the heart of central London.
Speak to a specialist and get the commercial lease advice you need.
Telephone: 0203 102 6372 or complete the enquiry form.