Business Lawyers, London W1
Commercially sound corporate & company law advice
Corporate and company law provide the foundation for your company throughout its life. As specialist business lawyers we are able to advise across the full range of requirements for a growing business – from company formation through to exit and everything in between.
How Fortune Law can help
We are business lawyers and act as a general corporate adviser and sounding board on day to day corporate matters including:
- All aspects of company formation or restructuring including the drafting of bespoke articles of association and shareholder agreements.
- Resolving shareholder disputes and advising majority or minority shareholders on their respective rights.
- Dealing with director and shareholder exits including negotiating the terms of exit.
- Advising on all aspects of company law including the Companies Acts 1985, 1989 and 2006 including the application of Table A for companies who have “of the shelf” corporate governance documents.
- Providing independent legal advice to individual directors, both executive and non-executive as well as advising on their duties and liabilities on exit and insolvency matters.
- Acting as corporate adviser to companies and their boards.
- Providing a comprehensive company secretarial and registered office service.
- Preparing all necessary board minutes, resolutions and carrying out Companies House filings including writing up of statutory books.
Examples of corporate work, acting and advising:
- Driving Seat Services Ltd on launch of new concept business capitalising on opportunities in the motor trade arising from changes in the European block exemption rules and associated fund raising.
- Lifestyle Access and Mobility Ltd on formation of group structure and internal shareholder arrangements.
- Software company providing software services to oil rigs on private equity inward investment raising up to £250,000.
- Majority shareholders of Storageonline Holdings (UK) Ltd on €3.4m investment into the company.
- Company Health Group plc on reduction of capital to eliminate £12.5m deficit.
- World Trade Systems Plc listed on main market of London Stock Exchange on proposed restructuring.
- Seymour Pierce on reduction of capital to cancel £14.5m deficit on its share premium account.
Mergers and acquisitions, acting for:
- Company Health Group plc on acquisition of Milligan & Hill Ltd for total consideration (inc. earn out cons) of up to £1.05m.
- Shareholders of DTS Logistics Ltd on £10m sale of entire issued capital to Clipper Group Holdings plc.
- Cinram International Inc, world’s largest independent provider of pre-recorded multimedia products on acquisition of entire issued share capital of The Entertainment Network, a joint venture between Sony Music Entertainment (UK) Ltd and Warner Music UK Ltd.
- Gieves & Hawkes plc on recommended £8m cash offer by Marvinbond Limited (controlling shareholder).
- Shareholders of Chivers Communications on £9m sale of entire issued share capital to BBC Worldwide.
- Partners of Brighton BDO Stoy Hayward on sale of the business to Baker Tilly.
Got a question?
We can help with your corporate law needs
Fortune Law are specialist business lawyers, based in the heart of central London.
Speak to us for sound corporate and company law advice. We can help.
Telephone: 0203 102 6372 or complete the enquiry form.